miércoles, 8 de diciembre de 2010

we love : Miroslav Tichý

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Miroslav Tichý is a photographer born in Czechoslovakia in 1926, who builds his own photo cameras and pinholes and is also a painter. In late 1950 he stopped painting and started taking photographs of women during his daily walks. He mounted the prints on handmade frames and added touches on pencil. In 2004 he had his first solo exhibition and his work was also shown in museums. He doesnt go to the openings of his shows and he still lives in Kyjov. His life has not changed much.

"I never did anything but pass the time. I went to town and had to do something. So i was simply pressing the release. I´d use 3 rolls of film a day. One hundred fotos a day. That happened automatically without any effort of my part. I didnt determine anything. The time i spent on my walk determined what i would photograph".

I would love to meet him.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Archivo del blog