every country celebrates diferently the beginning of the new year. in spain we eat the 12 grapes, in usa they wait for the clock and the big ball that comes down and e everybody kiss each other. and what do you know about the german´s new year eve? well, there is this custom called bleigießen, which is an horacle that sort of tells you how is the next year going to be. each one chooses a piece of lead- plomo- with the shape they like. and then, you melt it with a candle, the lead becomes liquid, and when is liquid you drop it into a pot with cold water, the metal solidifies in a shape "x", and then everybody guesses what could that shape be. and for each shape you get you get a meaning.
i got a nut, or a hazelnut, or it sort of looked like it.
the meaning of that shape is "Ihre Vorhaben gelingen" : "Your projects succeed".
Well see if it comes true ;)
jueves, 6 de enero de 2011
Archivo del blog
- ► 2014 (39)
- ► 2013 (42)
- ► 2012 (50)
- gerard with leather jacket , madrid
- kuala lumpur-visual notes/take 1
- we love: mike meiré´s art direction for 032c maga...
- sophie with a daniel-buren-strippy-work, munich
- we love: n°2 selfpublished photo book lina scheyni...
- paul/selfportrait con flores, munich
- we love: gena rowlands in "opening night", 1977
- dia festivo con peggy lee y george shearing "beaut...
- bleigießen: new years eve´s horacle from germany
- beautiful birthday presents from the closest one
- girl´s hair, bilbao
- ▼ enero (11)
- ► 2010 (161)
- ► 2009 (197)
- ► 2008 (155)